Friday 18 October 2013

Pulsin Sponsorship



For a year now I have been using Pulsin' whey protein and protein bars to help enhance my diet and performance on the bike. 
Pulsin' have just notified me that they would like to provide me with sponsorship, which is fantastic and I'm really happy and excited to be supported by them. 

I stumbled upon the company and their products when trying to find the most purest form of protein to use in many of the recipes and meals that I use for my training and recovery. They offer the protein powders with no added rubbish and this is exactly what I needed. The other foods that I used provided by Pulsin' is their protein bars. Three flavours are there for your choice; Maple and Peanut, Vanilla Choc Chip (new) and Maple and Whey Crisp Protein Sport. These bars taste great and offer a good portion of protein with each bar. I specifically use these in training over longer distances to maintain and supplement my protein levels throughout my rides. The Protein bars are very useful because the protein and carbohydrate works together to keep me going faster and for longer. Because of the macronutrient content of each bar you don't get the low blood sugar after a time that you may experience with sugary or primarily carb bars. My favourite flavour is the new Vanilla Choc Chip Protein bar. 

The protein powders Pulsin' provides can be applied to so many different meals to boost essential protein contents of meals.
Some recipes that I use:
  • Protein Porrige: Oats, scoops of Pulsin' whey, Milk, Greek yogurt
  • Berry Recovery Smoothie: Scoop of Pulsin' whey, frozen berries, 2 spoons of greek yogurt
  • Slow Release Smoothie: Scoop of Pulsin' whey, 30g Flax seed, 2 spoons of yogurt
You could also add to a small bowl of fruit nuts and yogurt for a quick snack or mix a scoop with your favourite breakfast cereal in the morning. 

I'm very grateful for the companies help and support, having food that I can rely on and trust means a lot to me, especially in one of the hardest sports in the world where an extra edge can be the difference between first and second place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment