Tuesday 26 May 2015

Client Testimonial

Jamie Stevenson 
Triathlete 
Age 34 from Torquay 

I've been running for 8 years, riding for 5 years and competing in triathlons for 4 years. 

After doing some power tests at Exeter uni in late 2013 & starting to ride with power soon after, I started to train myself using books and online articles. But I always had a doubt that I wasn't doing it correctly, as I seemed to plateau in my training performance, so I contacted Brennan to have a chat about what he could offer me.  At that time he primarily offered cycling coaching, but Brennan Townsend had just started triathlon himself, so I started getting coached by Brennan. 

Being coached by Brennan takes all the guess work and uncertainty out of my training and also makes me more committed. As I receive my training through Training Peaks I know what I'm doing that week and can prepare for it. Brennan is very professional and helpful in my training, and if I have any questions my emails are always replied to within a day. 
They also understand that I only have limited time available to train and fit my training around my day to day life. 

Brennan has helped me understand how to train more effectively and has helped me understand my body & what I can and can't do. And also to set realistic goals that are achievable which keeps your motivation up. 

This year I aim to continue to increase my FPT and to increase my running speed, & hopefully a sub 5hr half ironman.

One great example of being coached by Brennan was a couple of months or so before a half Ironman event. I was worrying that I wasn't running enough distance, a quick email to Brennan and he explained why I wasn't running big distances and what he was trying to achieve with me, that put my mind at rest. If I was training myself I would have ramped the distance up way too early and over trained. 

Final thoughts, if you want to get stronger & faster as a triathlete it would be much more beneficial to get Brennan to train you rather than spending your money on some new kit (aero wheels). The the new kit might give you a quick gain but being trained will give you a bigger engine & the confidence to race your own race, so you will go faster. 

I would highly recommend Brennan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment